Sunday, August 15, 2021

Winston Kitty and the Vet

A sleepy hello from Winston.  I do enjoy a snooze on a quiet Sunday afternoon.  Emily and I hope everyone is doing OK.  Our Mom is a bit distracted these days.  Her sister, W, had 2 strokes earlier this year.  Thankfully, with speech and physical therapy, W may even be able to drive again.  Things won't be the same but she is doing better!  

Mom took turns taking both Emily and me to the vet's office for our summer grooming.

Emily went first because her matts are terrifying!

Then it was my turn.


This is the carrier Mom uses to take us to the vet's office.  It is falling apart so Mom has been looking for a new one.  It is not an easy decision!

At my grooming session, it was discovered that I had lost some weight.  The vet did some tests and Mom is supposed to find out the results on Monday.  She is very, very nervous.  Mom thinks that by keeping busy she won't worry about me as much.   Right now, the vet thinks it may be a thyroid issue.

Dr. B. says that I'm at that age when these things can happen.  I will be 16 years old next month!  The vet says I still act and look like a kitten.

Hello folks, it is Emily now.  I am looking a bit grumpy.  How could Winston say my matts are worse than his tangled mats.  Hmpff...


Did we show you this drawing before?  A co-worker made this sketch for Mom.  She loves it so much!  Another friend gave her the frame.  We look pretty good, yes?

 We will close with this funny from Pinterest.  Stay well everyone.

Purrs from Winston and Emily

5 comments:

  1. Lots of purrs to your mom's sister and to you too, Winston, for your test results, and of course to your mom. Hyper-t is easily treated via meds (either tablet or transdermal gel), but it does mean more frequent checks of blood work. We think there might be food available specifically to support thyroid kitties, but don't quote us on that.

    We love the sketch and frame; if you've shown it before the biped has forgotten, so it's like seeing it for the first time anyway. LOL.

    Take care; we're sending tons of healing vibes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that sketch of you two, Winston and Emily. We are purring lots for good test results for you, Winston, and for good progress for W. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard when a beloved family member is ill.
    A delightful sketch, and the frame is purrfect.
    You two kitties stay healthy, you hear?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We send purrayers and Power of the Paw to Winston and your Mom's aunty, and Emily we are glad you had a good check up and de-matting,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see a post from you. I am sorry about your mom's sister having strokes. I will say a prayer for her and for you. I have 3 cats on thyroid meds, it is pretty common with age. I love the drawing of you two. XO

    ReplyDelete