Friday, August 20, 2021

Winston and the Grumpy Cat Walk



Good afternoon.  Winston here.  I'm tuckered out from my last vet visit.  My test results showed elevated kidney levels.  I had to go back for another test to see if I might have an infection.  The vet told Mom to bring me in bright and early at 8:30 am.  They also said to put me in my carrier as soon as she woke up.  This was so my bladder would be full.  Well....Mom got up at 5 am.  But she waited until 7 am to put me in my carrier.  I was a very grumpy boy.  I gave Mom a grumpy rendition of the song of my people on the entire 20-minute walk to the vet.  Once we arrived at the office we had to wait and I decided that I had enough....I peed in my carrier.  It was nice to finally get attention from the vet tech!

Mom had to leave me there for the day so I could provide them with another sample.  Mom said she felt empty leaving me there.

Mom said that it looks like autumn is trying to sneak into summer already.  Sometimes she will bring home a leaf!  I love to rip apart leaves!
Hi!  Emily here.   I had the apartment to myself the entire day!  Mom got to pick Winston up close to 5 pm.  She was very happy to have him back home.  The vet told Mom that she hopes Winston has a kidney infection because then they can treat them.  The vet said the other possibility might be kidney disease.  
Mom likes this flower but she has no idea what it is!  We hope that everyone is doing well.

Purrs,

Winston and Emily
 

7 comments:

  1. We're sending all our purrs and purrayers to Winston (and Mom!), that it is "just" a kidney infection and easily treated. Please let us know when you can. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winston, we hope that the vet can help out with whatever it is that you have! And I think you've joined a large group of cats who've peed in their carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for Winston. I hope it is just an infection. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Winston, We have Our paws crossed that it's only a treatable infection and not kidney disease.
    You do look furry tuckered out in that picture, but furry handsome too.
    Emily, it IS nice to have the house to yourself once in a while, but it's best when you have all your family, both furry and human, around you once more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winston we send you purrayers and Power of the Paw that you have a treatable infection. We are surprised the vet couldn't get the sample out of the bottom of the carrier. Our late kitty pal Oscar peed on Mom's tee shirt on the way to the vet (she didn't have time to change) and the vet tech wrung her shirt out and got a sample.

    We bet Emily is glad you are home too, along with you and Mom ! Purrs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Winston. We are purirng and praying that you just have an infection that can be treated. Hugs to you, Emily and Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winston sweet boy, please get better and better, Ask Mom to tell us how you are.

    ReplyDelete