Sunday, September 24, 2017

Staying Cool and Staycations



Hello kitties!   While it is officially autumn we are now having summer weather.  Our Mom isn't very happy about it.  I have to say that neither are we!   This is an older photo of me trying to stay cool in front of a fan.  What about you?  Do you felines like hot weather?

 Mom's uncle passed away suddenly earlier this week.  It was a bit of a shock.   We are sending Auntie A. our gentlest and softest purrs on the loss of her husband.
Life can go by quickly so take time to stop and appreciate the small things.  The sun setting from our living room window.  Mom says there is something about sunbeams that cheer her soul.
 This quote is from Pinterest.  Our Mom sometimes gets insomnia.  Emily and I have no concept of this particular malady.  Imagine not having a cat nap!  Humans!  We just don't always understand them!
 Purrs from Miss Emily.  Mom's staycation starts very soon.  She is already writing up lists of things to do.   Besides visiting a pumpkin patch she hopes to go to the park and take photos!  Maybe get one of those fancy seasonal autumn warm beverages-a London Fog, a pumpkin spice latte.

 Here is another tattoo our Mom likes....Honestly, kitties, I don't think she will go through with the tattoo idea.   She is much too practical to spend money (that she could be spending on us!) on something like that!   Yet still, she likes this one.  Tiny birds.   We kind of like that, too!
 Mom likes to collect funny quotes on Pinterest.  This one made her laugh out loud!


Winston and I will close for now.  We hope you had a nice weekend and have a lovely week ahead.
Purrs,
Miss Emily and Winston

5 comments:

  1. Those are all great quotes, and ones that speak to me as well. The kitten/sleeping one is spot on for Derry, who does keep me awake all night. :-P

    I'm struggling in this heat and humidity, don't like it, either. There's a warm fall and then there's this. LOL. I'm looking forward to the (sudden) drop on Thursday. I love sweater weather.

    Enjoy your staycation. If I recall, you're off for two or three weeks, plenty of time to cater to every whim of Winston and Emily.

    P.S. I use PhotoShop Elements 8, a very old version. Eventually, when I replace my "dying" laptop, I'll upgrade to whatever the current version of Elements is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. And no, we really don't like the heat much. Our mom really doesn't like the heat, but being in Florida, winter comes much later for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending your aunt hugs and purrs during this time. I think the kitties are enjoying the heat, because they don't have to crawl under a blanket to stay warm! I have plans for a cattoo, just have to screw up the courage to set aside the time (and $$) to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your Mom's Uncle's passing . Back in May an uncle of my suddenly died and I still think about him often.
    This heat and humidity is hard for everyone. You kitties at least can stay inside!
    I hope your Mom gets to do everything on her list during her time off.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending your Mama and your Aunt our deepest sympathy, we are sooo sorry (((hugs))). We are quite upset about having this HOT summer weather. It is just awful. We will be cooling down on Thursday and we can't wait! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete