Sunday, May 26, 2024

Where the Air is Sweet

Hello! I hope everyone had a good day. My staycation went by so quickly! I can't believe it is almost over. The best thing, at least for me, is not having to rush around. Both Emily and Willow had appointments to see the vet to get a summer groom session. Unfortunately, both appointments needed to be rescheduled because the cats at the clinic came down with some kind of kitty cold. Neither Emily or Willow seemed too broken up about that! Miss Willow is enjoying a box I left out for her.
Mom and Ann (my sister) came for a visit on Saturday. This is a box of donuts my sister picked up for her family. I didn't get one of those donuts! We did stop at another bakery that specialized in scones and I picked up a couple and froze them. The visit was lovely.
The park was beautiful with spring flowers and baby goslings. I don't trust the geese and keep my distance.
There is a bird app called Merlin that I enjoy using that helps to identify birdsong. This photo is a Gray Catbird! There were so many birds singing in the park: Red- Eyed vireo, Cardinals, Robins, Indigo Bunting, Eastern Phoebe and House Finch. A combination of the soft morning light, fresh air, cool breeze and the scent of sweet flowers helps to restore a tired heart.
Emily seemed happy that I was home. She likes to come up to me and bunt my foot with her head. She was also very welcoming to my company!
The staycation wasn't JUST walks in the park. There was a reasonable amount of spring cleaning and errands. I even managed to enjoy some reading-Young Elizabeth by Nicola Tallis. My next vacation week is in the summer so perhaps I should start planning for that! Thank you for your visit and have a great week! Closing with this quote from Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Glad you and all "the girls" had a good time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see both of your beautiful girls. Those donuts look yummy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a wonderful staycation, it sounds like it was restorative.

    Wishing you all a happy and healthy week ahead! 😺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear you had an enjoyable visit with family. And lovely walks outside of nature are always a plus. I'm a bird watcher and I simply love seeing and hearing so many kinds. I bet your girls were glad to stay home if they would have known what was ahead for them at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a hit of Mother Nature to soothe the stress of everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good staycation with the girls! That Merlin app is great -- we use it often and are always excited to learn about new birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must try out that app you mentioned. As Mummy types this, She is hearing a couple of different birdie songs outside and has no idea whatever as to what they could be!
    What a beautiful picture of Emily!

    ReplyDelete