Saturday, May 27, 2023

Catching My Breath

Hello! It feels like it has been ages since I last had a chance to say a proper hello! We hope everyone is doing well. I am very thankful to have had a nice staycation this past week. I think one of my favourite parts was NOT having to rush! Miss Emily posed for this photo and let me know by her serious expression that I needed to get a move on for her 10th birthday present.
I found this sweet little mouse toy for Miss Em. Emily seems to approve and dragged the little critter by it's tail to an undisclosed location! :)
There was time for a quiet walks! I loved this tree covered in white blooms and twinkle lights! It seemed to me as if it could be the gateway to Narnia.
A walk in the park revealed a happy cardinal singing an early morning song.
These goslings were keeping a close eye on me.
I was able to enjoy two walks in the park. My favourite time is the golden hour-early morning. It opens up your heart.
This yellow rose helped to spread some cheer. I think Willow liked it, too. I also went to the bookstore, a garden center, a cafe for a visit with a friend, and did some shopping. Early on in the vacation, I baked my favourite muffins: oatmeal brown sugar muffins. These muffins taste amazing, fresh from the oven, with a dab of ginger honey. Thanks for visiting. I wish yooou all a great week. Closing with a smile from Pinterest.

21 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good staycation and Emily is mighty cute and so are the goslings. We have goslings in our neighborhood too, they sure grow up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, thanks for visiting! I think the goslings are cute. I always try to keep my distance-especially with their protective parents close by. Take care!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely staycation you had! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Happy birthday, sweet Emily! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday to Emily! That mouse looks like great fun!

    I'm glad you had such a wonderful staycation! I've been lucky to see quite a few goslings this year too; my gosh, they're so adorable.

    Good luck getting back into the swing of work this week. I don't know how you feel, but the older I get, the harder I find it is to go back to someone else's schedule. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes! Yes, it was VERY hard to back into the swing of things :)

      Delete
  4. It's sometimes just purr-fect to "vacation at home" ... relax, enjoy as you certainly did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! A slower pace but more restful! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Those are beautiful pics of both Emily and Willow. And We loved the funny cartoon at the bottom (mol).
    Looks like you had a wonderful, calm and peaceful staycation - with beautiful sights to see and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooooooooo! That sounds like the purrfect staycation :)
    Good that you enjoyed iy and feel refreshed.
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! Thanks for saying hello. It was a restful time off. It was hard to go back :) Take care.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a good staycation, Em had a happy purrthday and Willow had some good times too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS a lovely time to walk. I do love that gate. And the cat meme made me smile. Big! Happy week to you, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! I'm glad you liked the cat meme :)

      Delete
  9. I had to steal that dramatic graphic lol! Reminds me of Roary with his cone! He turns on the drama occasionally and that graphic is perfect! Happy belated birthday to sweet Em!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Emily is as beautiful as ever and my kitty heart beats a little faster with Willow and the rose. Mom Julie says she really likes your comment about early mornings. She's an early riser, too, greeted by early birds on her walks. Oh...she liked your saying about your early morning.."it opens up the heart." Yes!!
    ~Julie and Tom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie and Tom! Thanks for the visit and for the kind words ♥

      Delete
  11. Hallo. You haven't posted for quite a while so We dropped by to see if you are okay.

    ReplyDelete