Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

Hello. Happy Christmas Eve to everyone who celebrates this holiday! I was expecting to write this post after Christmas. However, due to snowstorm/blizzard conditions my visit to family has been cancelled. Right now, I am envisioning them sitting around the table to a festive feast. The presents will have been opened already. My mother and sister had just a short drive to my sister's home but that was a bit dicey. I'm not sorry we decided that it was not a good idea for me to go today-the roads are a mess. I am feeling rather let down, though. It is lovely and quiet at home. Emily and Willow have been snoozing together peacefully. (The photo above is Willow)
In anticipation of the coming bad weather, I did all of my usual housework. It is a satisfying feeling to have most of my "chores" done. I also cooked up a couple of different meals ahead of time in case the hydro went out. Miss Emily is wishing you a happy Christmas in the above photo! :)
And though this weather is frightful-it is also very beautiful! Wishing all of you, person and feline, a happy, healthy Christmas!
(Cartoon from Pinterest!)

11 comments:

  1. Sorry the weather messed things up a bit. Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't get to celebrate with your family. I am glad you have your 2 sweet kitties to celebrate with though. Merry Christmas! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! The 2 little fur nerds keep us entertained and provide excellent snuggles :)

      Delete
  3. We are sorry the weather ruined your family celebration. Happy Christmas Eve and Happy Christmas to you all, sweet pals. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas, meowmans! This weather was nasty! At least we have Emily and Willow to celebrate with!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you all! We're in Kingston, and are "ground zero" for the blizzard (east of Toronto). It's been crazy! We hope you kept your power and that you have a lovely holiday, in spite of upended plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! I hope you are doing OK and that you are warm and dry and safe! I keep reminding myself that I can read a good book, watch a Christmas movie. There is much to be thankful for in spite of the upended plans :)

      Delete
  5. It seems like the world was wrapped in bad traveling weather. It rook us double the time to return home from the kids on Christmas Eve and we were glad to snug in. I'm finally following you! And sending all good wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete