Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Comfort of Cats


This is Emily.  She is happy snuggling against my leg while I binge watch something on Netflix.
She is such a cute heart--sometimes!
The last few weeks have been crazy.  I know that it is not just here but everywhere with the fears over the virus.  Also, just life!
I wanted to share a small moment with all of you.
A few weeks ago I was having a DAY!  However, I was handling it!  The wildfires in Australia, the strange new virus, the usual work issues that most people face in their everyday life.  I decided to vacuum the carpet because, hey, I am blessed with 2 long-haired cats.
Well, that slightly more than a year old vacuum cleaner wasn't working and the calm (ish) grown-up that I thought was had a meltdown.  (I'm a bit embarrassed to say)
I sat on the sofa, crying, and then felt a tiny little bump on my foot and heard a meow.  It was Miss Emily and I think she was trying to comfort me.  This is the same feline who is afraid of plastic bags and loud noises.  She kept it up for a while until I picked her up and gave her a hug and she allowed it for almost a minute!
That is all.   I wanted to share this with people who maybe feel the same way.  I am exhausted after a long, hard day so please forgive the typos etc.
Take care of yourself.  Be aware of the tiny things that come into your life that make your heart happy!  When I have rested up a bit I hope to visit the other blogs.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes things just get to you.
    Good thing you have cats. They really are the best therapy.
    All they ask in return is some food and scritches :)
    Purrs,Georgia and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally unstandable and glad you have the cats for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hugs))) I'm glad you have Emily (and Winston!) to comfort you. I find that I have melt-downs not usually over a single huge thing, but the accumulation of little things. The straw that broke the camel's back, as the saying goes. It's perfectly understandable, entirely human. I hope this week goes better, and I hope you all stay safe and healthy. Purrs from Derry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is a sweetie. Cats do know when we need them most. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We completely understand. And so does Our Human. It happens to her too - quite a lot, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, what a sweetie you are! Humans let all kinds of stuff bottle up, then it just explodes outward. Please be kind to yourself; crying is an acceptable behaviour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good advice Such good kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes we all need a furry cuddle.

    ReplyDelete