Friday, October 26, 2018

Staycation Week 2: The Whoop it Up Edition

 Hello all!  Comfy Winston here today.  Mom's staycation is over for another year.  She says it feels like such a long time ago now.  She caught a nasty cold on the first week.  However, she was starting to feel better by the second week.  Emily and I agree that she recovered due to our feline ministrations!

 Mom went on so many walks to the park.   She says this time of year is beautiful for the glowing leaves.
 She went with some friends on Friday for lunch and shopping.  Apparently, shopping is exhausting so they stopped for fuel!   Mom says this ginger molasses cookie was delicious.  She indulged even more by buying a tea latte WITH lots of cinnamon sprinkled on top.
 Mom also got a manicure.  She thought it was frivolous!   However, Emily and I could tell that the tiny bit of colour cheered her up.  Emily and I understand the importance of claws/nails.  Sadly, Mom is terrible at taking photos one-handed.   This was the best of the bunch.  That is my nose in the lower right corner.  I gave her manicure the Winston kitty seal of approval.
 This photo is not Mom's work.  It is on Pinterest and the colour is called Presley from |Zoya.     She merely wanted people to see the "wild" colour she went for on her visit to the manicurist.  It is more than a week later and she finally got a chip in the polish.
 Mom insisted that Emily and I show you this photo of a puppy she saw in the park.  His name is Charlie.  He is a corgi mix.  Mom says he is cute.   Sure, I guess if you like puppies.   (Mom can be a traitor!)
 Hello.  Finally, I get to talk a bit.  It's Emily.  I am cowering in my kitty carrier.  I went to the vet last week. *Sometimes I get a little constipated.*   Mom thought Dr. B should give me a once over.  After discussing my litter box habits,  they decided to try a number of different things to help me.   No privacy for me.
 Mom getting ready to leave the vet's office.  My goodness, but she had to fork over a bunch of cash at the end of the visit.  Winston and I agree that we are totally worth it, though.  The very best thing about my vet visit is that the vet tech let me take home, free of charge, one of the catnip toys.   Hee hee.  I had a nice tipsy walk home in my carrier.
 Mom also thought you might like to see the vet's office kitties.  This was taken moments before they had a fisty cuffs incident.  The tiny cat, Buzz, is not as sweet as you would think.  He is, apparently, a furry hooligan!   (way to go, Buzz)
 Mom finished one book on her vacation.  This one by Joanne Harris.  The writing was good and she hopes to read the next book in the series.  Mom also started to read a non-fiction book about the Tudor family.  She stopped, though, because King Henry VIII was making her so cross!
 This mug made Mom laugh!

We will close with this photo.   Mom loved taking early morning walks in the park.  But she also loved the time with us.   (purring)
We hope everyone has a nice weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit us!
Winston and Emily

8 comments:

  1. Except for your mom's cold (and there's a nasty bug going around, almost everyone at our biped's workplace is coughing and hacking), it would seem she had a wonderful staycation. Made even better by your attentions and purrs, of course.

    The nail polish is a pretty colour, very tasteful. Our own human tried numerous times to apply polish when she was young(er), only to muck it up almost immediately. A manicure (from someone else!) would be the way to go. Even so, a week before a chip sounds impressive!

    Emily, we're sorry you were carted off to the vet. Once in a while, our human puts a scant 1/8 tsp of Restoralax in Nicki's food, once a day, to help things along. Takes a day or two to work, but it's certainly helped and the human keeps it on hand.

    Oh, btw, Charlie is adorable! What a cutie. Of course he can't hold a candle to either of you. :-)

    You guys take care, have a great weekend, and enjoy the cosy days of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad that staycation is over and yikes on the Vet visit. I hope everything comes out alright. Um, I have that constipation problem too, it's not fun. Y'all enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last photo, so artsy. I am sorry you had to go to the vet. My Brody also has that problem so he gets some Mirilax once in a while and I ignore his pleas for cheese.
    I had a sugar cookie like that yesterday and my niece had the ginger one :) Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sure you kitties (and mom too) would love for her staycation to last much longer. It sounds like a good time, except for the cold but that meant extra cuddles with you two!

    Mom bean says she loves the last photo. The leaf looks silver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use Zoya nail polish too! It's better for the environment, and for all of us instead of the icky stuff that's in popular polish. I tend to pick purpley-pinky colors. Glad that you are no longer stuffed up, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pawesome staycation your Mom had (except for getting sick the first week). LOVE her manicure! The color is soooooooo pretty!! Love the mug too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mom's nails are pretty. My Mom can't wear nail polish, she does too much yard work & dishes and it lasts only a couple days before chipping. Her idea of a manicure is taking the garden hose and squirting the dirt out from under her nails!
    I'm sorry you had to go to the vet. I sometimes get constipated too. I get some Miralax and it helps a lot and is very gentle. If you're interested, I get 1/8 teaspoon miralax dissolved in 1/8 teaspoon water. And its yummy. I hope you're pooping easier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mum's nail polish is pretty. I like my vet, she lets me wander all over her treatment room. I've been on her keyboard, in her drawers (wooden ones) and up close and personal with the Catnip plant she has growing in a pot. Quite magnanimous of you to allow the Puppy pic!

    Love Poppy xx

    ReplyDelete