Saturday, August 31, 2024

UPDATE September 1---Request for Purrs and Good Thoughts and Prayers

Willow and Emily are fine. My sister, A, lives in the country and feeds stray cats. One of the kittens is quite ill. "Kit" is about 4 months old. My sister took "kit" to the vet twice. The vet said Kit had a 50 percent chance of survival. My sister is doing subcutaneous fluids, syringe feeding and ordered a snuggle safe to help Kit warm up. Yesterday, she was doing ok but today not so much. I have never met this kitten but my heart hurts for my sister and for this tiny fluff. If you think of it, could you please pray for my sister and this tiny feline. With thanks UPDATE Kit passed away last night. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read, comment and/or send healing purrs, prayers and good thoughts. I never even met Kit but my heart wanted her to get well. My sister, A, tried her very best and, even though it didn't have the outcome we were hoping for, Kit was loved and cared for even if for a while. Take care and hug your pets.

22 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well for your sister and the kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so very sad. Prayers from all of us too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are most definitely purring and praying for your sister and Kit. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers, Buddhist and otherwise, for dear kitten. Nature will have its way, for sure, but such good karma for sister 'A' to help another, dear small kitten in need.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor kitten, thank goodness your sister is so willing to try to help this kitten. It has my prayers and so does your sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding my prayers, I hope this little one makes it. Your sister is doing everything humanly possible for her or him. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. blessings from st francis to you wee kitten, we have 984 paws crossed you get better, stay better and live a happy healthy long long life 💙💚💙💚💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are sorry your sister's "Kit" passed away. We send purrayers to her and her other kitties for the kindness and love she was able to give her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I read my sister the comments. It meant a lot to her.

      Delete
  9. Sorry, I just saw this. I am sorry that Kit passed. May your sister take comfort in knowing she let Kit know how loved she was. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I read my sister your comment. She appreciated it ♥

      Delete
  10. Heart-breaking.
    Sending hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eastside Cats. I read your comment to A. She couldn't quite believe that people she doesn't know cared enough to write.

      Delete
  11. It's so hard to lose them. We bottle raised for many years and you try so hard with every one but they don't all make it and you never, ever get used to losing one.

    Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss and pass it on to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I read these to my sister. She said thank you, too. It helps to know others care. ♥

      Delete