Sunday, March 19, 2023

A Tulmultuous Month

Hello All! Willow and Emily send purrs. We had a couple of snowstorms since last we touched base. It isn't fun to try and walk to work in a storm but I find the snow makes everything beautiful. I also walked home in freezing rain a couple of times. My boot grip popped off my boot one icy night and I immediately began to slide down the sidewalk. Yikes! I would rather walk in a snow storm than an ice storm any day.
Shortly after all the weather excitement, I got the flu. Bleh. It has been going on for a month. I am mostly better but still dealing with a persistant cough. Thankfully, I had an "Ick Box" on standby filled with tea, kleenex, cough syrup and soup. I am also blessed with some amazing friends who looked out for me while I was resentfully forcing myself not to do stuff and get better soon. Emily and Willow were amazing feline nurses. Emily showed me how to chill while also showing off her adorable toe tufts.
Willo was an excellent feline foot warmer while I had chills. I did get a very fuzzy photo of her "splooting" on my legs.
I went to the mall recently with a friend and lost my wallet. My friend helped me to retrace my steps to locate it but no luck. I finally ended up locking/cancelling all the necessary cards. We went back to the mall one last time and, guess what, someone had turned in my wallet. Thank goodness! If it is all right with the universe I would like to request some dull, boring weeks. Hoping to come visit your blogs soon. Emily and Willow send purrs. Ending with a funny from Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Purrs to all of you - hope you are over your cold soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily and Willow are both beautiful. I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. Glad someone turned in your wallet. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrr. I sure hope the all better finds you soon. You sure have 2 cute nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, an up and down month. This week was quite nice as the temps were above 0C and there was sun. Our snow is pretty much gone(for now). How nice to hear you got your wallet back! There are decent people out there :) Take care of yourself.
    Purrs, Julie and the mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily and Willow are beauties. I hope you feel better soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, we hope good weather and good health both find you real soon! At least you had a pair of amazing nurses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being sick is never much fun, but two excellent nurse kitties is a wonderful way to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about the flu and hope as you read this, you are well on the way to recovery. It's such a pain to lose a wallet -- and then find it, which is a relief but... waiting for new cards and all that. Your cat friends are looking most handsome and I love the idea of an "ick box." Perfect name for it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my you DID have a month!!! I feel so bad that you have to walk to work, you don't have a car? The flu stinks, we had the same storms as you. Thank goodness you have your wallet, and of course it would turn up after you canceled all the cards. Many years ago I lost my wallet in a bar and ready for this? A PRIEST found it, (what he was doing in the bar is beyond me) and delivered it to my home. I was in my 20s then. Hoping that the coming months are uneventful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had such a horrible month. How lucky you had such good purrymedics to take care of you! Hope you get some real Spring weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My gosh that was the worst month EVER! Really bad. Glad for the nurses, but they must have had to work overtime. I lost my passport and wallet once in Europe while going for breakfast one morning. When I realized it, I went tearing out of the room I was in with NO shoes on, I was in such a hurry, and flew to the restaurant. The owner walked toward me with my belongings. WHEW!!!

    ReplyDelete