Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving and Lucy


Thanksgiving by cherithsky
Thanksgiving, a photo by cherithsky on Flickr.
It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada.
My family lives out of town so I don't have the fun of celebrating with them and eating turkey. I was able to go out for breakfast with some friends, though.
I mentioned to them that Lucy was still at the vet's office and I mentioned I hadn't heard anything back yet from the vet. Since the office is closed over the long weekend, I was not sure what to expect and sent several e-mails and left a couple of voice mails asking how she was doing and when I could pick her up. My friend and her hubby suggested actually going to the office and knocking on the door. *sigh* I was desperate and, to my surprise Dr. B. was actually in and let us all in. The short version of what she said: The blood tests came back fine. But Lucy is still NOT eating. She wants to put in a feeding tube Tuesday morning and I can pick Lucy up on Wednesday. I asked if Lucy would be O.K and they vet said they were trying. (I'm trying not to dwell on that) She let me pick Lucy up. Lucy purred and cuddled and drooled with joy. I was so happy that I embarrassed myself by crying.


Winston-I'd be thankful if Mom would clue in to my subtle "feed me" hints

Lucy-always grateful for cuddles.
Oscar-always thankful for a nice, comfy snooze! 

Hope all my fellow Canadian feline fanciers have a great Thanksgiving and for everyone else to think of at least one thing/person/feline to be thankful for.
Will keep you posted.

PS-I took the first photo a few years ago in a small town.  It's the type of house I've always "dreamed" of having   =)

6 comments:

  1. You cried...that shows love ,so nothing to be embarrassed about. Our own vet sobbed when one of our cats died in her care...we love her.
    We are thinking about Lucy,and praying for her.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued purrs for Lucy. It's great her bloodwork came back fine, but I know what it's like to have a sick cat and no diagnosis--it's frightening, stressful, frustrating. I hope they can sort out why she's not eating. Paws--and fingers--crossed for her.

    Happy Thanksgiving! For some reason I had forgotten you're also in Canada. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sad to hear Lucy has to stay in hospital. We send BIG purrs that she will start eating again and that the feeding tube helps.
    We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving even though Lucy is sick.
    We are thankful she is getting good care.
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is okay to cry when your heart hearts because of a very much loved one. We are keeping the prayers going for sweet Lucy and hope that now she is home you will start seeing improvement. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete