Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Canada Day and Cotton Candy Fur

 Hello!  Winston kitty here.  Mom says I have a slightly peeved expression in this photo.  Really, Mom, can you blame me?!   I have stuff I want to tell people and you refuse to write up our blog posts.  All I get from you are excuses: too tired, too busy, I burned my hand!
Anyway, here were finally be and, other than feeling miffed about Mom,  I am happy to be here.
First off:  Happy Canada Day to our Canadian felines and readers!
photo from Pinterest
 Yeah!   We got a long weekend to spend with Mom!   Plus she is on vacation!  Happy purrs.  Emily and I now have more precious time to ignore/annoy Mom.
 Mom had a visit from our Grandmum last month.  They went out to their favourite coffee shop, Williams, for a blueberry scone and a chai tea latte.   Mom is ridiculously happy about chai tea!
 Spring was late in coming this year.   Mom saw these Lilies of the Valley flowers on a recent walk.   Spring may have been late in coming but now summer is here.  We hope everyone stays cool.
Well, on to Emily for now!
 Happy purrs from Emily.  I hope Winston wasn't too miffed at the beginning.  It is true that Mom was sadly negligent in our blog posts.  She really did burn the fingers of her left hand.  She got blisters and everything!  It is mostly healed now, though, and it looks like she has a sunburn on her fingers.   Guess what?  Mom bought new shoes.   Her delightfully middle-aged feet were demanding more support and she had to forgo cute shoes for more practical footwear.  She finally decided on a pair of running shoes from Brooks. 
photo from Internet
 Now she has a bit more spring to her step when she walks to the grocery store.
photo from Pinterest
 Mom celebrated Canada Day with one butter tart.  She really wanted to try poutine but couldn't find a restaurant close by that served it.
 This is a photo of me at the vet's office.  I am trying to keep Mom entertained by getting at least a mat a week.  The vet says my fur is very fine and mats easily.  Dr. B. says I have cotton candy fur.  In fact, I have another appointment this week!
 So far, Mom has spent most of her vacation tidying and cleaning.  She always seems it difficult to wind down.  Hey, Mom, look at me just chilling on the sofa and follow my lead.  Only don't take my spot on the sofa.  The sofa is mine!

We hope everyone has a great week.  Purrs,
Winston and Emily

9 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day! Winston, they aren't considering giving you a lion cut, so you'll have less mats in the summertime? Bet you'll look adorbs! Curious as to how your momma burned her fingers, but I'm glad to hear she is healing. I thought it was the LAW to have poutine on EVERY MENU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eastside Cats!, For now we just want to get the mat out of Emily's fur :) My Mom's cat, Pearl, got a lion cut. We laugh at her but Pearl doesn't care. She still struts her stuff! Cats don't usually suffer from low self esteem :)
      As for the hand, I burned it on a hot stove. I forgot it was on. "d'oh"!

      Delete
  2. Belated happy Canada Day to all three of you, and happy purrs to you both too!

    We're sorry your mom got a bad burn, we're glad her hand is healing now.

    Good walking shoes/sneakers are a must at any age, we say! Our human never was able to find or wear cute shoes anyway, with her 6.5D feet. :-D

    BTW, our biped hasn't ever tried poutine and doesn't want to, she thinks it sounds disgusting. Is that anti-Canadian or what? She couldn't eat it now anyway, even if she did like it--too many middle-aged digestive issues.

    Anyway, tell your mom to take a break from the house chores and ENJOY her vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kea-thanks for visiting. We hope you had a great Canada Day!
      We have also discovered that if your feet are achy then other parts are achy, too. It is best just to buckle down and accept the inevitable: clunky, comfy shoes!
      I haven't had poutine in ages! Honestly, on a super warm muggy day like today, I would rather not eat it. It's best for a colder day. Hmmm...I'm not sure it not liking it is anti-Canadian :) I'm not overfond of watching hockey, though, and they still let me stay in the country!
      Stay cool!

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great weekend kitties. GLad to hear your Mom's fingers are getting better. I am sure you are both doing to best to help her get better soon. Purrs from Patch and Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patch and Flower-Thank you for dropping by! We love visitors. We did purr extra long to help Mom heal.
      Purrs,
      Winston and Emily

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Canada Day! I am sorry about your mom burning her fingers, I am glad she is healing. Nice to see you two cuties. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      Thank you for the visit and the Canada Day wishes. Mom's fingers are healing. Perhaps she will be more careful next?
      Purrs,
      Winston and Emily

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Canada Day! We are glad Mom's fingers are feeling better -- we send healing purrs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete