Sunday, July 5, 2026
Staycation Heatwave
Hello from Emily and Willow. Emily is airing out her tummy fur in this photo. We were not able to get the air conditioner installed until the heatwave started. It was not easy to "enjoy" the staycation with the tropical heat. Emily did made full use of the fan. The vet told me I could wet their feline head with a very damp wash cloth to help them cool down. I also put icecubes in their water. Emily and Willow both regarded the icecubes with suspicion.
I did manage to get in several visits with friends. It was pleasant to get out of the house. One friend suggested an ice cream store. It was expensive but yummy.
I ordered one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough. Couldn't get a photo because the ice cream would have melted!
With the hot, humid weather came some pretty instense storms. This thunder head looked menacing!
Forgive the blurry shot. Willow decided to cuddle me when I relaxed on the sofa. Cuddles don't happen as often during the summer.
It was so warm outside that walks were postponed. However, during the last few days, things are a bit more seasonal and I enjoyed a few walks.
I was surprised that I didn't post at all last month. Time got away from me. I also recently had to say goodby to a sweet friend. She was very kind and the world seems like a darker place without her.
Emily, Willow, and I hope to visit your blogs and see how things have been for you all. Hug your felines!
I'll close with this funny from Pinterest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'm glad you all are okay, the heat has been brutal hear too. Ice cream sounds like a wonderful idea. Hello Willow and hello Emily!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all made it through the heat wave. Your photos are wonderful - especially that ominous storm cloud !
ReplyDeleteNice to see you both. Sorry it has been so hot. We had a heatwave too, but thankfully our a/c was running. XO
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find ways to stay cool and still stay active.
ReplyDeleteHaven't been read your rights, that's so funny.
So glad to see you and the girls. Emily and Willow look beautiful as always. Hasn't this Heatwave been incredible. Here in Ohio it's just seemed unending once it started. Sorry about the loss of your friend. It can be so sorrowful an empty when one leaves us.
ReplyDeleteOh, remember placing ice cubes in June's water dish, the tap water just wasn't cold enough ... and yes, she walked away as if aliens had invaded! From then on, guess it would just be lukewarm water or nothing ... do the best you can to cool down.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWe took the same week off as staycation, I think. Ugh the heat! 100x worse with no ac, I'm so grateful mine was/is working. I hope you and the girls are doing better now that the temps have dropped a bit.
Sending lots of hugs to you all.
A trip to the ice cream store; what a treat!
ReplyDeleteThe kid in all of us just love the ice cream store.
I used to order a Boston Cooler float; vanilla ice cream and Vernor's ginger ale, which is a Detroit-area specialty.
But sometimes I'd go with root beer instead...oh yeah, those were the days.
What sweet shots of Emily and Willow!
ReplyDeleteThat storm-cloud shot is utterly amazing!
Ice cream sounds like a great idea. Thanks for reminding me I have some in the freezer (chocolate chip flavour!)