Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hooray for a Long Weekend!

Hello.  I hope Winston and Emily's Canadian followers had a lovely Victoria Day!  I had a long weekend.  So thankful for that.  I was able to get in some organizing: closets, cupboards, and fridge.  I had a couple of nice visits.  Mom came down to "the big city" for a visit.  I had to work May 13th, Mother's Day. Emily likes to remind me that May 13 is also her birthday!

 The blooms at the park are out.   This photo from a peaceful early morning walk.   The only people out are walking their dogs and joggers.  I think I was the only one there with her camera.  There is an indefinable something present in the early morning-a soft serenity surrounded by birdsong and blooms.  It's spring so I can be fanciful! Whatever it is, the atmosphere soothes jazzled, tired brains!
 I purchased a catnip plant from a nursery.  Emily and Winston were both immediately intrigued  :)
 One of the shelves/cupboards I tidied up was my tea shelf.  People, I am afraid I may need a tea intervention!  How can one personal accumulate so much tea!   I have medicinal teas, tea for sweet iced tea, and teas for winter.  This cute cartoon is from one of my favorite cartoonists--Gemma Correll.  Found on Pinterest, of course!
 Winston kitty curled up on the favorite cat lounger/scratcher.  My two love to fight over who gets to relax in this spot.   I only wish I could find another one.  Mom gave this one to me when her exceedingly spoiled cat, Pearl, decided it wasn't good enough for her!
 This tulip in the park.  I love my early morning hikes!
 This is Herbert.  He was in the nursery where I purchased the catnip.  He was so chill!  I made my friend come back inside to see him.  By the time I dragged her back inside, this little dude had two young admirers cooing over him.  He took it all in stride, though.
I'll close with a Pinterest quote again.

If anyone does know how to "adult" please let me know.  So far, it seems to involve being tired a lot!
Have a great week.

9 comments:

  1. Spring is here...finally...isn't it great!?! I hope you find another scratcher for the kitties; I have two of the same sofa-style ones, that we've put together so Da Boys use it as a double-wide beddy, as well as a scratcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy that the flowers are starting to bloom around our office. It took a while cause of how the weather was around here. Hopefully, they will learn to share the relax spot, or maybe not. They look so cute in the photos of them sleeping. Have a great day and thank you for sharing the photos.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 54 and I don't yet know how to do "adult," I don't think any of us ever really figures it out. That quote is terrific, just perfect. :-) (The BodyPositive quote is too!)

    It's lovely to see Emily and Winston, and the glorious blooms. Here our fruit trees are just about to peak, so we're likely a week or so behind you. Isn't Spring the most amazing time of year?

    As for your tea addiction, there could be worse things. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms. That Anxi-tea is funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...mum spent a good amount of the Victoria Day weekend cleaning out the laundry/storage room. Is that a thing?
    WE just enjoyed having her home for an extra day :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photos are lovely and I always love seeing the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet chill kitteh he was! And you can never have too much tea, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so glad Spring has finally arrived! And we always, always love seeing Emily and Winston. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Kea, I still don't know how to be an adult! (She can attest to that!) I think we all just plug along the best we can.
    Lovely flower photos, the lilacs were gorgeous this year along with the flowering trees.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete