Sunday, October 15, 2017

Feline Drama and Morning Walks

 Hello Felines.  It is Miss Emily.   Mom says I look a bit sad and stunned in this photo.   I say there is a very good reason for that!  I will briefly explain.  We have a cat scratcher/kitty lounger.  It belongs to me!  I laid claim to it and am often found relaxing there.
Until a few days ago....
 Winston kitty demanded that I abdicate my rightful place.   That bossy boy!  He swatted at me.  I swatted back.   He must have got in a lucky smack because....
 He got my nice warm spot.   That beast!
Anyway, Mom spent a lot of last week in the park.  Well, she spent a couple of hours there early in the morning.
 It is finally starting to look like fall.  This was Mom's favorite morning.  The sun was starting to shine through the mist.
 An overcast morning.   The Canadian geese flying overhead.
 Mom used her cell phone for this one.  She loved the way the raindrops sparkled on the grass.


Soft, pretty golden rays of light.  Mom said it was mgaic!
 More sparkles on the blades of grass.
 Kitties.  We tried to make sure Mom enjoyed her staycation.  So, we both took turns 'gently' waking her up.  Winston gently jumped on Mom's tummy and licked her nose.  It's a very blurry photo.  Mom grumbled a bit about it being early.

And now it's me, Emily, I snuggled by Mom's feet.  Neither one of us are typically cuddle bugs so Mom really appreciated the good morning love!
We hope everyone has a great week!
Purrs,
Miss Emily and Winston

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost your space Emily. Looks like your Mom is having a lovely time at home with you both and going for walks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Crafting Queen. I don't mind sharing my space. Winston kitty was just so rude about it! Yes, Mom enjoyed being able to take early morning walks and reading and visiting. Thank you for stopping by to visit.
      Purrs,
      Miss Emily

      Delete
  2. Emily, angel Annie would say boys are rude, plain and simple. Maybe Santa (or grandma!) will bring you another fabulous scratcher, and you each can have one.

    Your mom's photos are lovely. We hope she's had a wonderful staycation! (Is it over now? If so, we hope going back to work isn't too much of a slog.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Yes, Winston is bossy! I like your idea of two scratch loungers.
    Purrs to you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your brother took your favorite place,I hope you can get a turn again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thank you so much for visiting. I suspect that we will continue to "bicker" over this spot. On the bright side, it keeps our Mom entertained.
      Wishing you a lovely week.
      Miss Emily

      Delete
  5. A staycation with you and Winston, sounds purrfect Emily. Sorry, you lost your spot to your brofur....keep an eye out and we bet you'll get it back.

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I will not let Winston win! Or Mom can get us another kitty scratcher/lounger.
      Purrs to you all for a lovely week.

      Delete
  6. Hi Winston and Emily, looks like your Mom is having a great vacation! Her photos are just wonderful.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Emily, I'm sorry Winston was bossy and stole your scratcher. Maybe next time you can convince him to wait his turn. I'm glad Fall is coming too. It is very hot here in summer, and fall brings cooler weather and the windows can stay open longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The raindrops on the grass is beautiful! Love happy surprises like that when I take pictures.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete