Monday, September 18, 2017

Summer Again!

 Purrs to all from Winston.  We hope everyone is having a good week.   Autumn officially arrives this week; however, the temperatures here have been decidedly tropical.  Mom is so looking forward to cooler, crisp temperatures. 
 Mom has been telling people (and sometimes only when there is us felines) that her vacation starts next week.  Emily and I will have to put up with her for 16 entire days.
I think we should start taking more naps to gear up for this.
She has already started a Pinterest board for staycation ideas.
photo from Pinterest
 I mentioned that is (and will continue to be) summery for the next while.  Mom hauled out her iced tea recipe again.  Thank goodness that there are some lovely breezes to go along with the sticky, late summer weather.
 Mom had another busy weekend.  She had to pick up produce for salads.   Mom says she wants to find a nice crockpot recipe for a vegetable soup to try out on her time off.


 Hi, all.  It's Miss Emily.   I am tuckered out just thinking about Mom's upcoming staycation. Why, just this morning, I was following Mom all over the apartment.  Meowing.  Giving her gentle head bops.  I could tell Mom enjoyed the extra attention.  It took a lot of energy out of me, though.
 One of the things Mom hopes to do on her staycation is visit a pumpkin patch.  It's been almost ten years since last she went to one.  She never buys the big pumpkins, just the tiny ones.
 Mom also hopes to out to take some photos.  This is some raindrops sparkling on leaves.   It was apparently dark enough for the flash to go off.  Mom thought the raindrops looked extra pretty.

I will close with this photo of me playing with some toys.  Guess what?  Mom still hasn't bought Winston his birthday toy.   Don't tell her that I told you.  
Winston and I hope everyone has a great week!

19 comments:

  1. Staycations can be so much fun! In fact, I've got a two-day staycation at the end of this week, and just not having to drive to work is worth it! Have fun with your momma, kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eastside Cats, Yeah for a two day staycation! Enjoy.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Our mom definitely enjoys her vacation at home time. We do too, but yeah, it is a lot of work on our parts. Hoomins are so needy, they always want our attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hoomins are very needy!
      Maybe you should take extra naps to make up for any future vacations your Mom takes.
      Purrs,
      winston and emily

      Delete
  3. I must have accidentally hit the delete button instead of the publish button. I need a vacation! I'm just copying and pasting from the e-mail alert :)
    16 whole days! I'm envious, I'm looking forward to my 10 and that will include the Thanksgiving long weekend. I'm sure your mom will have a grand time, no matter what she does. (I've never been to a pumpkin patch. Ever.)

    The raindrops leaves photo is my favourite, lovely!

    Guys, your mom will have no further excuse not to get Winston his long-overdue present. Do you want me to send the boys over there to whap her? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, what a lovely long holiday you have! Oh, I hope you enjoy it so much.
    Winston and Emily, enjoy having your Mom around!
    Take care all.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat Love,
      Thanks for visiting. Planning the staycation is half the fun...
      Purrs,
      Winston and Emily

      Delete
  5. We are having summer temps too and I am NOT happy about it! This weekend it is going to be in the upper 80s. Crazy. Tell Mom to get her act together and buy that toy! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am disappointed with the return of summer. I wanted soft scarves, lattes and frosty mornings. My air conditioner is still on!
      I'll try and get my act together and get Winston his toy! :)
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I bet you guys will have a wonderful staycation together! I hate the return of summer too-love the sun but hate the humidity!! Ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all three of you have a great staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hello! The pumpkins are lovely! Thanks so much for visiting.
      Purrs,
      Winston and Emily

      Delete
  9. Staycations are awesome, and we hope you're enjoying yours, dear pals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello meowmewomans--We are looking forward to the staycation!
      Thanks for stopping by
      Gentle purrs,
      Winston and Miss Emily

      Delete
  10. Dad will be on vacation next week as well, and he and mom are keeping it close, too. They're (mom's) plotting out all sorts of local doings, from breweries to art festivals and movies. They just don't feel like traveling at the moment, and, being the thrifty ones, want to keep it simple. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete