Monday, March 10, 2014

...the party continues

Lucy kitty here this morning.  This is my "cross expression" since Mom dragged me to the vet to get weighed again.  I do not like being walked to the vet.  I do not like when Mom ignores my persistent and vocal requests to take me out of the nasty pet carrier and let me snooze at home.   Nevertheless, I found myself at the vet again.  Dr. B. weighed me and said I had gained.  Mom was pleased to hear this.  Dr. B. wants me to come in again next month and if I gain weight, or stay stable, and if I can get my litter box issues resolved (the antibiotic was very strong) the vet says it will be officially a "closed" file.  But now on to other things.  Mom's b-day celebrations continue.  Some friends took her out for lunch yesterday --there was hot chocolate and delectable cheese cake desserts to be had.  (Sure-take me to the vet and you get treats and presents!--harrumph!)

A nice mug of hot chocolate complete with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Caramel peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate sauce drizzled on top.

Mom's presents.  Note the kitty napkins and the yummy tea!  There was also a spice  mug mat.  Mommy thought the instructions were so funny!



Hit the mat with a hammer-tee hee.  She will have to keep a hammer near by when she relaxes with her tea now.


Oscar kitty saying "why do you torment my nap with that camera!?"



Winston kitty  is enjoying the birthday box.  He is much too fluffy to get inside though.  He was disappointed but not willing to give up too easily.   Closing off for now and wishing everyone, and their felines, a wonderful week!!

16 comments:

  1. Okay, Lucy, we're glad you're doing fine, but we're NOT impressed that your mom gets all these treats and presents and you get repeated trips to the vet.

    If you're having uh, problems involving runny poop, maybe try some FortiFlora or the slipper elm bark.

    Purrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.
      We are trying to use the Fortiflora though Lucy doesn't always cooperate. I had to mix it with her other food with the tube and I think she recognizes the taste. Never heard of slippery elm bark, though, thanks, I will look into that one!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are doing well Lucy. Not fair you get taken to the vets and your Mom gets treats. Have a good week kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, I agree with Fuzzy Tales: slippery elm has worked nicely for Chuck. However, I found that FortiFlora often CAUSES diarrhea in my kitties, so I only use it sparingly. But, Lucy, glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to eat the normal way again! No more feeding tubes. You are the second person to mention slippery elm so we are going to look into that!

      Delete
  4. Lucy, you are doing soooooo well...so how come Mummy gets all the treats,huh?
    The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit! Mummy can be selfish. i will give her my cutest big eyes pleading look. That will get the treat river a flowing!
      Take care.
      signed, Lucy

      Delete
  5. Lucy, we are pleased to hear you're almost a closed case!!

    Mommy says the hammer must be intrinsic to the stress relief factor...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Mummy thinks she should find a pretty pink handled hammer for the tea table now!
      Take good care!
      PS-Mummy can be so prissy. Don't tell her I said that, though.

      Delete
  6. Soooooooo soooooooo happy you have gained weight! Hoping that means your trips to the vet will come to an end soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caren,
      Every time Mom walks me to the vet, I sing in my most out doorsy voice.
      Mommy never appreciates it, though!

      Delete
  7. We love birthday weeks when the treats and presents keep coming :)

    We hope you keep getting better all the time Lucy. Keep the weight on and be good about your litter habits now :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mum tries to act grown up but I can tell she loves the presents.
      I am eating lots!
      Signed,
      the Lucy kitty

      Delete
  8. WEll, we are thankful you got such an encouraging report, Lucy! :)

    ReplyDelete