Sunday, August 9, 2026
Smoky Summer Days
Emily and Willow send greetings. They are enjoying a rare moment of peaceful companionship in this photo.
Work is always busy in the susmmer. We are also generally short staffed as well and there is more work and fewer people to do it. I have a feeling this is a common occurance!
So thankful that the smoke from the wildfires has disappated. I walked to work in this nasty stuff. My throat hurt for several days. I wasn't able to find the N95 masks that officials suggested we wear outside. I doubled up on my old covid masks. Clean, fresh air is something to appreciate.
There has not been an opportunity for a walk in the park in the last few weeks.On one of my last walks I saw a catbird! One of their calls really does resemble the sound of a cat. Life has speeded up and is filled with errands and chores. Thank goodness Emily and Willow are soft and snuggly!
I do have a long weekend coming up soon. Additionally, Willow has a birthday coming up and I need to find her something to celebrate!
But hey, no pressure from Willow ;)
Be well. Cuddle your felines. I hope to visit sometime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hello sweet girls! I'm glad the smoke isn't as bad, it sounds awful. Y'all take care!!!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you ! Take care and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteNice to see Emily and Willow together. They are both beautiful. Sorry you had to deal with the awful smoke. XO
ReplyDeleteIf cats want these August days, they can have them.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see a post! I'm glad the air has cleared, it was pretty bad here for a bit. Good luck with work; yep, we get it!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your long weekend and happy early birthday to Willow! ❤️
How bad to walk in the smoke. One day a month ago it was too bad to go outside and we must be hundreds of miles away. Can't wait to see the birthday party for Willow. And hope the rest of summer breaks slow down so you have more help at work.
ReplyDeleteSummer is good and bad where work is concerned. I'm sorry you had to go there in the smokey air.
ReplyDeleteHello purrty ones. It's good you do not go out midst the awful smoky air that your Mom and so many others must suffer these days. It's been a long, too hot summer ... let us know ahead for Willow's birthday event, something we should all celebrate together.
ReplyDeleteThat wildfire smoke is awful.
ReplyDeleteYour two furry babies are adorable; they must be a wonderful solace after busy work days.
I wish I could appear and kiss and snuggle both of those precious darlings.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and adorable cats 🐈 😻 🐈⬛️ ❤️
ReplyDeleteOh, how soft and silky and floofy Willow and Emily look!
ReplyDelete